- Background and details of the project:
The digital doorway is an initiative the LIMPOPO DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE that has as its vision to make a fundamental difference to computer literacy and associated skills in Africa.
The existing Digital Doorway installation consists of a robust four –seater multimedia kiosk which provides access to a variety of applications and the internet.
Each Digital doorway consists of the following:
- This Digital Doorway consists of the steel housing; HP441 Mandrake
- Linux user PC; four HP LCD screens; four metal keyboards; APC 1000VA
- UPS; passive USB hub (“splitter”); Ethernet switch and freestanding HP
- LaserJet printer.
There are currently three Digital Doorways installed in the Limpopo Province on behalf Limpopo Agricultural Department.The sites and configuration of the Digital Doorway are as follows:
- Tswelopele Digital Doorways (Sekhukune District)
- Berlyn Farm Digital Doorway (Mopani District)
- Ga- Matlala Digital Doorway (Capricorn District)